Permitted Use & Citation
The Woruldhord Project is aimed at releasing a wealth of resources to researchers, teachers, students, and the general public to further the promotion of the subject.
Anyone is entitled to use the material for Educational Purposes (means for the purpose of education, teaching, distance learning, private study and/or research) but not for Commercial Purposes (i.e. selling or reselling the material or using it for any commercial gain) under the Creative Commons Licence CC-BY-NC-SA. In effect you may:
- copy items and save them;
- print the items;
- excerpt, annotate, aggregate and modify the items;
- use the items in virtual learning environments, managed learning environments and in any material to be used in the course of instruction. Course and study packs in non-electronic non-print perceptible form, such as Braille, may also be created;
- distribute, communicate and make available the items, to the public in any form and in any media whether now known or hereafter created as long as it is for educational non-commercial purposes;
- publicly display or publicly perform parts of the Licensed Work as part of a presentation at a seminar, conference, or workshop, or other such similar activity;
- deposit the items or parts in any kind or type of repository.
Every effort has been made to clear copyright on all the material used. Should anyone know of any oversight please contact the site maintainers immediately.
At all times you must include the statement 'This item is from Project Woruldhord, University of Oxford (http://projects.oucs.ox.ac.uk/woruldhord); © [Copyright notice]'.
The copyright notice will be either the contributor's name, or in some cases specific details have been requested to be included. For example:
'This item is from Project Woruldhord, University of Oxford (http://projects.oucs.ox.ac.uk/woruldhord); © J. Bloggs'
'This item is from Project Woruldhord, University of Oxford (http://projects.oucs.ox.ac.uk/woruldhord); © Trustees of the British Museum'.